I can’t believe we made it through the entire month of May without posting! It has been completely crazy in the last six weeks:
- Don had another heart surgery and hospital stay
- We’ve been back to court not once but three times for full-day hearings on child custody
- My mother, who lives on the other coast of the country, broke her back in several places
- At work, I’ve had five trade shows and a full-week training session – all within a couple of weeks
- We were involved in a good friend’s wedding weekend, including travel
Okay…looking at that list, I can understand why we weren’t posting much! Now, though, let’s talk about some great progress we’ve made toward our goals:
- We’re now halfway through paying off USAA – woo-hoo!
- We’re close to reaching a settlement with Navy Federal Credit Union
- Massive progress has been made with regards to Don’s disability situation
- We’ve sent invitations for our wedding on August 5th, and completed basic planning
As we head into a “slow” summer for us, including a two-week period where my son is on vacation with his biological father, we’re looking forward to the opportunity to re-visit and re-tool the plans for the remainder of the year.
Even now, though, I’m fairly sure I want to come out of this year with no credit card debt. That would actually be amazing – particularly considering we really just started this effort last year! It would leave me with student loans to attack still, of course; but they’re at a much lower interest rate and so not as high priority. It would mean we’d come out of the year with all high-interest debt paid off, which would be HUGE!
Halfway through the year, how have your goals changed? What do you want to accomplish between now and December?